RMV Running Service Resumed; E-Signature Program Implemented
Atchue Insurance Agency is pleased to announce that our office at 190 Park Avenue in Worcester has re-opened effective Monday, June 15th, with normal business hours.
Given that the COVID-19 pandemic remains an ongoing and fluid situation, we encourage customers when possible to continue taking advantage of the numerous ways to do business with us that do not require a physical visit to the office.
If you do need to visit our office, please be aware of the following protocols that are in place for the safety of our customers and staff members:
- When possible, please contact us in advance of your arrival so that we can be expecting you and have any necessary materials prepared for your visit.
- Upon entering the office, please Stop and Wait for a staff member to call you up to the counter for assistance.
- Only one customer at a time will be allowed at the front counter, to assist with social distancing.
- Plexi-Glass “sneeze guards” have been installed on the front counter with a small slot for the exchange of documents.
- A table will be placed in front of the counter for customer use, along with a container of pens. Please use one of these pens if needed and take it with you when finished.
- We will not be using our Consultation or Conference Rooms for customer meetings until further notice. All customer assistance will occur at the front counter.
- Our restrooms will be closed to the public until further notice.
- If you visit our office with multiple people in your car, we ask that anyone not critical to your transaction please wait in the car.
- We highly recommend that customers wear a face covering into the office. Our staff members will wear a face covering while assisting you at the front counter.
We will regularly sanitize common touch points in our office and plan to monitor and adjust our protocols as conditions warrant moving forward.
We would like to thank our customers for your patience and understanding during our period of working remotely and look forward to continuing to service your insurance needs.
REGISTRY OF MOTOR VEHICLES NEWS:
The Registry of Motor Vehicles continues to accept members of the public to its open branches on a by-appointment basis only, and only for transactions deemed “essential.”
However, with the re-opening of our office we will again offer RMV running services through our third-party vendor for a small fee. Note that the RMV is now processing “non-essential” transactions — i.e. motorcycle and trailer registrations — through the drop-off running service that they currently do not process for the public through the in-person appointment system.
Due to current RMV procedures, our vendor must drop off transactions at the Milford RMV branch and return to pick them up no earlier than the next business day. Please contact us for further information on this service.
Additionally, the RMV recently announced further extensions to the expiration dates of various items or documents — such as Drivers’ Licenses, Registrations & Inspection Stickers — that were previously set to expire beginning in March 2020.
Please visit the RMV’s COVID-19 Information page for a full list and description of the extensions currently in place, as well as further details on the procedures governing branch visits.
Over the past several weeks, our office has begun using the “R-Sign / R-Post” E-Signature platform to help streamline the electronic exchange of applications and other documents requiring a signature. The program does not require the recipient to create an account or password. Rather, you simply click a link in your email to open the document(s) in a web browser and then follow the prompts to execute and return the document.
This approach reduces the need for in-person signatures and the inconvenience of printing/scanning or mailing signed forms back to us. We are confident that you will find this to be an extremely convenient way to return documents to us both now and once things return to “normal.”
Our thoughts remain with our valued customers during these extraordinary times. We thank you for your business and welcome you to contact us if you need us.
Earl Atchue, President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
AJ Atchue, Vice President (email@example.com)
Sandy Manseau, Office Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Marlie Waterman, CSR (email@example.com)
Nancy Visser, CSR (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Maelee Bertrand, CSR (email@example.com)
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org